» All Forums   » Forum: Site Development
McBain born 3 aug 1898 chemist
Wednesday 29th April 2015 at 20:55
Niek Houtman
Guest User

I have found the id from Andrew McBain born 3 aug 1898 in Kirkcaldy. Also id ( not all pages) from Sheena.

Who is interested or can help me to find peoaple related to them.

Niek Houtman. The Netherlands

Friday 8th May 2015 at 23:00
Martin

On "Scotlandspeople.gov.uk" I found the birth record for your Andrew. He was born at 29 Milton Road, Kirkcaldy. His father was William McBain (grocer) and his mother Christina.

His death record shows he died in 1976, aged 79 and that was recorded at Kirkcaldy, but no further details available on the website. Someone else may now pick up the story for you, perhaps remembering a grandparent.

Saturday 9th May 2015 at 16:53
Martin

Further to last post I have found a marriage record for Andrew McBain who married Jean Smith Urie at Kirkcaldy by the minister of Abbotshall Church on 10th October 1923.

Andrews parents were still alive but Jean's father was deceased.

The witnesses to the marriage were David B McBain who lived at same address as Andrew so possibly a brother? Also, Mary Smith Urie living at same address as bride so possibly a sister.

I searched births for the next few years and found a Jean Smith McBain born in 1928. Taking it further I found a Jean Smith McBain who married a Cecil Alex Mosley in 1952.

Because more modern records are not all computerised yet there is no way to verify the data and any further search would just be guesswork.

However this may be enough for living family to recognise the details.

Good luck:-)

Wednesday 13th May 2015 at 09:57
Martin

Niek, I am still researching this for you - it might help if I knew how you came by the ID papers

Cheers

Monday 18th May 2015 at 09:21
Nhoutman

Martin,

Thanx vm for THE things you have researched.

My wife has bought THE id papers on a market of al kinds of stuff. She bought THE id in ammerstol in THE netherlands

Gr. Niek Houman

Niek Houtman

Please read the forum house rules before posting.
AboutKirkcaldy.com 2017. Site Map Privacy. Terms and Conditions. Contact Site Admin.