» All Forums   » Forum: General Discussion
james t oswald of dunnikier
Tuesday 3rd September 2013 at 18:07
ian
Guest User

i am trying to find out as much history regarding mr james t oswald of dunnikier who was a past master of our lodge as to update our web pages

Friday 3rd January 2014 at 18:20
DavidBird

I hope you found some info on the Oswalds. I had been looking mainly as I grew up near to Dunnikier House and was interested in it's history. There is some info on here http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1690-1715/member/oswald-james-1716

There is also a website with scans of old newspapers, however you have to pay for access and my interest didn't stretch that far. There looked to be some interesting stories about the landed gentry in the early 19th century throwing lavish parties at Dunnikier House. There was a son who covered himself in glory during the Napoleonic wars too. Seems the family sold up at the beginning of the 20th century and went to live in the home counties somewhere. You've probably got all this already though. I have wondered if there is any information with the Nairn family, they must have crossed paths on occasion.

Please read the forum house rules before posting.
AboutKirkcaldy.com 2017. Site Map Privacy. Terms and Conditions. Contact Site Admin.